There are several features that help push 3D prototypes over the top and make them incredibly useful. Here are several of the most notable features:
- The prototypes can come with snap-fit assembly, allowing you to order complex models and prototypes that you can break down and reassemble for demonstrations. These help better illustrate complex concepts and models.
- The material is durable enough that the model can be drilled, tapped or colored with ease. This allows models to be customized even further once they are received.
- The prototypes can be turned into short run production parts, and actually used while you wait for the final part to arrive.
- The material is sturdy but flexible enough that you can rigorously test it before ordering the final piece.
- Flexible living hinges can be added, as can specific, rubber-like components to make the model more realistic.